And so it begins…
True to the spirit of this blog, I am writing this at four in the morning after a substantial-but-not-quite-heroic amount of bourbon intake. This will serve as my voice to the internet on a wide range of topics, focusing mostly on politics, skepticism, sports, and the District of Columbia. To introduce myself, I offer the following random factoids:
- I grew up on Long Island, but have lived for the past 9 years in the great unrepresented city of Washington, DC.
- My sports loyalties, in order, are as follows: New York Mets, Georgetown Hoyas (my alma mater), New York Giants, Washington Wizards, DC United, New York Islanders.
- My blogfather is Matt Zeitlin (he’s going to be so thrilled).
- I play a mean trombone, and have graced many a local band. Currently I’m working on forming a disco band.
- After growing up Roman Catholic, I have recently decided to identify as an atheist. Hooray for godlessness!
- I have an unnatural addiction to pub quiz. And cigarettes.
- I have no compunction about posting under my real name, as it is quite ungoogleable.
- Or is it my real name? Muhahahahaha!
That should do for now. Stay tuned as I write poignantly to an audience of zero and pick a blog fight, among other misadventures.